Monday, August 11, 2014

I Can See the Red Tail Lights Headin' for Spain

Evan and Kara checking their baggage for the trip home.
Some final hugs.
I saw my son's family off to Cordoba, Spain, for their return trip at noon today and it was a sad departure, though we'll see them again in October.

It was delightful to see the children--Madeline and Oz--after six months and to get a good idea of how much they're grown up in that short period. Maddie still has enough of the little girl in her to be utterly charming, but you can see the young woman emerging.

The experience of living in a foreign country will be with them--and with me from afar--for their entire lives. But it is difficult. I don't hesitate to say that.

Gathered in the lounge for adios. 
And on to the plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment