Friday, August 8, 2014

Gratitude: Happy Birthday, Christina, and Thanks

Christina and Maddie at our pizza lunch yesterday.
Today I am grateful for:

A continued good relationship with my favorite ex-wife, Christina Koomen. We weren't exactly the perfect couple when we were married, but we have become good friends again (which is how this all started).

There is so very much to lose in a broken marriage and often it is simply tossed away in anger and confusion without thought for what might be gained. The gain here is the valuable friendship we always had.

So, today, I say thank you and happy birthday to Christina. As I said to her yesterday when she came by for lunch with Madeline and me, "You look prettier than at any time I've known you and you have a real glow these days." I'm thrilled about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment