Monday, April 28, 2014

You Like 'Swing!'? Here's a Freebie Preview


A few years ago, I got really tired of seeing musical after musical at Mill Mountain Theatre, but now here's one I soooooo want to see (and I have tickets): "Swing!"

I grew up watching my mother dance around the house (and that woman could dance) to swing tunes, so I love the music and the moves. "Swing!" plays May 7-18 on the Trinkle Main Stage at MMT and you can get your tickets (here) or by calling 540-342-5740.

If you want to get a glimpse of what is to come, the cast will do a lunchtime performance Tuesday (tomorrow), 11 a.m.-1 p.m. on Roanoke City Market's newly-renovated plaza. It's free and you'll hear songs like "It Don't Mean a Thing", "I'll Be Seeing You", and "Hit Me With a Hot Note."

I love the marketing angle in this: free samples always hit the spot, especially with the energy in this kind of dance. Hope to see you there (and at the play).

No comments:

Post a Comment