Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Photo: Back to Business

Kay Dunkley of Virginia Tech stops to chat with her favorite editr at the Expo.
It was Old Home Week at the Roanoke Civic Center today when I stopped by the Business & Technology Expo at the Roanoke Civic Center and got to spend a little time with a lot of people I used to depend on for stories at the old Business Journal and FRONT magazine. Good to see them. Good people.

I even managed to hold an impromptu political discussion with Sam Rasoul, our recently-elected House of Delegates member from Roanoke. Sam and I talked off the record, so I can't relay much of what we said, but my impression of him continues to be strengthened: a guy who wants to make government work, despite the obstacles. Sam is one of the few people I know who understands government and remains optimistic. Good for him. That's a difficult thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment