Sunday, April 6, 2014

Throwback Sunday: Looking at the Bad Days of Yore



In about a month--some time in May--I hope to celebrate 20 years of freedom from booze. The photo here was taken in about 1979 on a sailboat trip through the Bahamas. I'm fishing off the back of the boat and asking my friend Kate Petrella to replinish my supply of one of the local brands of beer, Polar, I think it was.

I recall loading four cases of beer for the trip in Miami before we sailed, thinking that'd get me through the first three or four days. It did and then I had to load up again at Great Harbor Cay in the Berry Islands, Bahamas.

This may be the only photo left in my file of me drinking, which is probably a severe misrepentation of my life, but one I can live with. Those were some sad days.

No comments:

Post a Comment