Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Day of Talking Journalism at Ferrum

In the chapel I got to preach journalism.
My bud Cara Modisett asked me out to Ferrum College today where she teaches a communications class and I wound up speaking to two different classes and enjoying the heck out of it.

Cara's class was in the chapel and I got the opportunity to do my preacher gig and the second class was in a traditional classroom, where I sat among the students. The kids were engaged and interested and the exchange was invaluable.

I even brought up my most recent faux pas (see previous post) and we talked about it, filing it under journalistic integrity. The kids have a solid underpinning and I'm sure Cara has some to do with that. Thanks, Cara, for the invitation and for teaching the next generation of journalists.

This is a full classroom and me with a forbidden soda.

1 comment: