- Countries that don't use the metric system (hint: us as in U.S. and almost nobody else).
- Countries Britain has not invaded (yet). There are 22. Most have nothing that would make invading worthwhile.
- Most expensive McDonald's burgers ($7.18 in Norway).
- Countries with/without paid maternity leave. (Hint: the U.S. is almost alone here, again.)
- Countries that drive on the left/right side of the road. (Hint: We're in a big majority.)
- Countries that use the metric system. (Hint: We're in a big minority.)
- The 10 busiest air travel routes of 2012. (Hint: Washington to New York isn't even close.)
- Heaviest drinking in the world. (Hint: Europe, the old Soviet Union.)
- Who drinks what. (Hint: It would be beer here.)
- Earthquake map since 1898. (Hint: California is going to slide into the ocean.)
- Rubber duckie landfall map. (I'm not making this up. You couldn't make this up.)
- Countries with the most bribes. (Hint: We barely register.)
- Average age to first get laid. (I'm still not making this up.)
- Map of where oil is exported/imported. (Hint: We don't export much.)
- Who's running out of water quickest? (My guess is the next world war will be over water.)
- Map of pirate hotspots (arrrrrrgh!).
Monday, August 26, 2013
Maps for All the Important Stuff
here from my buddy Paul Clements in Lynchburg. This is a series of 40 maps telling us much of what is important to know about the world we live in. For example: