Sunday, December 20, 2009

Yes, Ma'am, That WAS Audrey Tautou


Audrey Tautou from "Train de Nuit" holding a gorgeous Leica M8^

OK, so here's the latest in movie product placement:

Audrey Tautou, who played Coco Chanel in the recent "Coco Before Chanel" (a dang good movie) stars in a brief movie-like commercial for Chanel No. 5 called "Train de Nuit" ("Night Train"), complete with a soundtrack by Billie Holliday ("I'm a Fool To Want You").

We just saw the commercial and my wife and I were stopped by it, Christina saying with some elevation, "Is THAT Audrey Tautou!?!" and me replying, "I'd say so, since she played Coco Chanel." Christina had forgotten. I hadn't. I'd watch Audrey Tautou read the phone book, so this little piece of marketing came with a level of pleasure few others do for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment