Thursday, November 7, 2013

Photos of the Day: A Colorful Walk Through the Neighborhood

Childcare kids play beneath a sugar maple at Northminster Presbyterian Church near my house.
Northminster Presbyterian from the side street.
A walk through the neighborhood in early November reveals a wonderland of fall color and is one of the reasons I enjoy Dorchester Court so.

It is an older neighborhood (late 1940s, about my age) that was carved from the old Flora Farm (next door to the Huff Farm, which became Valley View Mall), so many of the trees are quite old and the maples are always spectacular.

My house (built in 1947) has a couple of weeping cherries in the front yard that give me exercise and extraordinary beauty in the fall. Love the yellow carpet.

My house and the weeping cherry trees with their yellow carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment