Saturday, November 16, 2013

It's on the Record, Unless You Say Otherwise

The post that was in this spot for a few hours Saturday has been taken down out of respect for the source. It was based upon a note that was sent to me. I am a journalist and I have said many, many times before that if you talk or write to me, giving information that is not public, you must tell me that. Otherwise, I consider it to be on the record.

I was not able to reach the person who sent me the note until a short time ago (while I was at a football game; receiving a voice message), so I did not use a name with it. I did attempt to reach that person.

I will say again: I am a journalist. If you tell me something off the record, say so and I will consider it thus. Otherwise, it's on the record. Simple request.

No comments:

Post a Comment