Thursday, October 2, 2014

Gratitude: A Lot of Advice, All of It Free

"Daniel is leavin' tonight on a plane. I can see the red tail lights headin' for Spain ..."
Today, I am grateful for:

Advice. OK, it can become tiresome, overblown and even tedious. But I'm getting tons of it as I face Europe for a long trip and much of it is invaluable (one friend told me to take a laxative because, "You will get clogged. I guarantee it.")

I've had advice on where to go, what to see, how to travel from place to place, how to pack, what to pack, how to get the most from a cell phone, which jacket to take and how to dress in layers. There have been tips on European food that would suit a diabetic, which of my cameras will deliver best given their weight, speaking the language (and where I don't need to worry about anything but English), and which trains are the best deal. I'm getting a lot of info on dealing with airlines (none of it encouraging) and finding the best places to stay for the price (Sonya, thank god, is dealing with that).

All of it is a lot to absorb, but my guess is it will all be resting in the back of my mind and will come up as it needs to. I feel like I'm ready and Sunday, we'll fly out over the dark Atlantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment