Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Fisheye View from the Top

Carvins Cove from Tinker Mountain: The whole damn thing in a fisheye.
Becky and me on top of the ridge.
Went back up the Tinker Ridge/Hay Rock trail today in order to shoot some video for a series I'm going and took my fisheye lens. The top photo is the result and I love it. You get the whole Carvins Cove Reservoir compound in the photo.

It was a pretty day and I was accompanied with my buddy Becky Mahlburg of Lynchburg, a veteran hiker who all but runs up these trails. I was huffing and puffing keeping up with her.

Occasionally, we run into through hikers on the Appalachian Trail who don't seem to be doing anything but putting one foot in front of the other, head down, trying to get ... somewhere. They're not enjoying the trail as I suspect they could. Talked to a couple of young women from Maine in the Korger at Daleville who were re-supplying and I asked about the views of Carvins of Cove from the ridge. "Uh. We didn't see any water," said one. The other nodded in agreement, looking at me like I was making it up.


Ran into a through hiker on the AT the other day who said she didn't see this view. Pitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment