Thursday, September 22, 2011

Heeeeeeeeeere's Doris Kerns Goodwin (Finally)

Doris talks to the assembled.
The crowd was near overflow.
Doris, in her Salem Red Sox hat, signs an autograph.
Doris and her favorite editor.
OK, so I finally bought my way into a way to download my photos from Doris Kerns Goodwin's talk at Roanoke College last night--and it wasn't easy.

I went online looking for a cable or a disk reader and they were expensive and would take forever to get here, so I went over to Big Lots on the offchance it would have one. It did, a Kodak 72-in-1. When I first plugged it in, it didn't seem to want to read the card from the four-year-old Sony camera (which I came into under strange circumstances; I'll tell you more later).

So I called Radio Shack to see what it had. Guy said he had something that'd read the card. Turned out to be the same Kodak (at $20 instead of the $14 I paid at Big Lots) and it worked in the store, so I came home to give the one I'd bought another try. It worked. Maybe it had to be convinced I knew what I was doing.

Any, here's the wonderful DKG (and her favorite editor). Look at that smile. Like an airplane landing light.

(Photo of DKG and me by Christina Koomen. I took the others.)

No comments:

Post a Comment