The Friday weather forecast in Roanoke has remained pretty steady for two days, telling us we're going to have 1-3 inches of precipitation in the afternoon, up to about 7 p.m., the start time for the Roanoke Regional Writers Conference.
Because of the likelihood of an ice sheet forming,
we are going to postpone this year's conference until Feb. 1-2 (next
week) with the same schedule in place.
It is likely that we will lose a few of our presenters and we will note
that when we know, but the safety of everyone is of paramount importance
and it is our priority right now.
If you cannot make next week's conference, please let Chris Powell (email@example.com) know and she will arrange for a refund. We hope you will all join us.
Registration has been re-opened and you can register here later today when the site is updated.