Saturday, November 22, 2014

Gratitude: I Can Spell 'Tennesse'

Today, I am doubly grateful:

Gratitude No. 1: I can spell "Tennessee." The Guatamalan seamstress who put together my sweatshirt obviously had a problem with it. I can see her at the end of the day, looking at the stack orange Es on the floor beside her and saying "oops."

Gratitude No. 2: The University of Tennessee--for which I choose to cheer during football season, much to my chagrin the past few years--is playing its first meaningful football game in November since, say 2007, maybe before that. Tonight's game against Missouri could be a bellwether of what is to come, win or lose and I'm tickled about it. Just two weeks ago, I turned off a game in the third quarter, broken-hearted again, but the Vols came back and won that one in overtime 45-42. It's been joy ever since.

1 comment: