Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Kathy Vanness Leaving Jefferson Center

Kathy Vanness (formerly Claytor, but divorce changes stuff) tells me she is leaving as director of the Jefferson Center Aug. 10 to take over as director of finance and budget at Roanoke College. Her first day on that job is Sept. 1.

John Levin, a former editorial writer with a local daily who has worked the YMCA and the Jefferson Center, is the interim director. Accounting manager Sue Nave will work closely with Levin.

FRONT was in the Jefferson Center for several months as a tenant and I like Kathy a lot. She was put in a position of having to rent the large space next to our offices to a child care center and screaming babies don't work well as next-door neighbors to businesses like ours, so we've moved down the street to--voila!--the former offices of the Blue Ridge Business Journal on the corner of Campbell Ave. and Second Street (if that sounds like the address of a daily newspaper in Roanoke, it is, but those guys are catty-corner across the street from us so we can keep an eye on them).

Anyhow, I wish Kathy well and I hope Roanoke College doesn't put its nursery next door to her.

4 comments:

  1. Best of luck to Kathy... and I love John Levin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom: Good catch. Thank you. Roanoke College, of course (which the post now says). Keep editing the editor. He needs it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words, Dan! While I will miss being a part of the Jefferson Center family, I'm extremely excited about working for my alma mater (Go Maroons!) I'm sure I'll run into around town!

    ReplyDelete