Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Old Friends and Celebration of One Departed


Julie Snowmen, Betsy Gehman and I celebrate Bill Quillian.
 I spent the day in Lynchburg today, renewing old acquaintainces and celebrating the life of Bill Quillian, my old friend who died Tuesday at 100. Bill was president of Randolph-Macon Woman's college for 30 years (1952-1971) during an especially turbulent time, but, as I mentioned in an earlier post, he was the guy for the job.

Several of us who used to be part of a lunch group met to raise a glass to Bill, including Julie Snowmen, who graduated from Randolph-Macon at the age of 39 a few years ago, and Betsy Gehman, who isn't far off Bill's age (she's 92 in June).

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Here are some pictures.
Julie, betsy greet Bill's widow, Margaret.




No comments:

Post a Comment