Saturday, March 24, 2012

Find of the Month: Brand New Sheets, 46 Years Old

My new buddy (who's awaiting a name) with the new Belk's sheets.
Here's the price tag.
Sometimes it's too good to keep to yourself. On one of my periodic excursions to Goodwill recently, I came up with the above (and, no, not the dang cat). These are State Pride sheets from Belk's, priced at $2.49 for the double bed size. They're still sealed in their package. I found two full sets.

An Internet search revealed that these brand new sheets were made in 1966. They are 46-year-old virgins. I tore open (gently) the package this morning and put the sheets on my bed. They have the new smell and a feel I hadn't felt in many years. They don't make 'em like they used to.

Can't wait to snug into them tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment