Friday, January 24, 2014

Writers Conference Through the Fish-eye

Packed house on opening night at the RRWC.
Fish-eye selfie of your fave editr.
Carrie Brown (in yellow) and Sheri Reynolds were speakers.
Musician Greg Trafidlo, photographer Anne Sampson.
Anne chats with Chris Powell.
Editrboy with authors Bill Kovarik, Keith Ferrell.
Writers Rachael Garrity, Michael Abraham.
Horizon head Mary Ellen Apgar with scholarship winner Ericka Kelly.
Got a new fish-eye lens this week and thought I'd try it out on tonight's opening rounds of the Roanoke Regional Writers Conference at Hollins. What you see above is what you get.

Full-house turnout for the sixth straight sellout of the conference and three simply outstanding speakers (as well as a great musical interlude) in Rod Belcher, Carrie Brown and Sheri Reynolds giving the keynote. Greg Trafidlo and a couple of his band members entertained with two original songs about the vagaries of writing and publishing brought the house down.

Rod, Carrie and Sheri were wildly different in their talks, but they each had the audience in their palms. Funny, wise and instructive, they were.

Great opening night. Now for Saturday's Round II.

1 comment:

  1. I was getting swabbed for the flu while you were having fun. And it came back positive.

    Here's something I may not have mentioned before, but I used to shoot photos for the Salem-TImes with your old pal Brian Hoffman. I mostly did sports but occasionally some other events. I spent years printing all of Hoffman's work at Ritz Camera and then later at Walgreens when the Ritz in Salem closed. I have a fish-eye add-on for canon along with a host of lenses. Unfortunately my DSLR body went kaputz a couple years ago and while I like film, it just doesn't encourage the amount of photography that digital does.

    What I'm getting at is that seeing your pictures makes me wish I had a new canon body.

    ReplyDelete