Thursday, January 30, 2014

Photos: One More Afternoon for Mads and Pampa

In the hot tub at Greenridge Recreation Center this afternoon.
Mads and guitar teacher Cheryl Lunsford.
Maddie picks out a tune.
Maddie on the bungee jump at Valley View Mall.
"My stomach hurts ..."
My favorite kid, Madeline, and I had one final afternoon together today and we packed it full. She leaves tomorrow for Madrid and Cordoba, but today was ours.

We exercised, ate breakfast and joined her other grandpa and dad for lunch (see previous post), then went to her last guitar lesson in Roanoke, bungee jumped at Valley View Mall (she lasted about 30 seconds before her tummy rumbled and she wanted down), then we hit the pool one final time. For the past two years, the two of us have spent a lot of time poolside and that was a fitting end to the day and this phase of our lives.

I don't know when or if we'll ever live in the same city again, but I know this one is precious to me in a way nobody has ever been. I love my girl and I'm going to miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment