Friday, October 12, 2012

Two Business Pubs and a Stark Difference.

There is such a stark contrast between the magazine I edit (and co-own with Tom Field), Valley Business FRONT, and that chamber of commerce-sponsored dealie brought in from Richmond a couple of months ago that I just had to run these two photos of our most recent covers side-by-side.

This tells you just about all you need to know about the magazines, except that inside the one on the left is some fine writing and some first class reporting. The one on the right reads very much like a newspaper because that's who staffs it, my old pal Tim Thornton as editor and a group of former newspaper reporters (for the local daily) as writers.

I invite you to pick up a copy of each and do your own taste test. The magazines are vastly different and you get to be the judge of which you prefer. I'll make a bet with you though.

No comments:

Post a Comment