Friday, October 12, 2012

Photos of the Day: Family Night at the Ballgame

My son, Evan, serves as Oz's ride. Oz likes the arrangement.
Grandgirl Maddie (left) and her pal Maggie make a fetching pair.
Leah and Meah showing off 'cause we're happy.
Maddie and Mama Kara.
Leah, Maddie and Maggie get warm.
The girls watch the halftime show.
We did a little family trip over to the Patrick Henry High School football game tonight and it was just what these little annual outings have become: a truly good time. Nobody--save for my son Evan and me maybe--paid even the slightest attention to the football game, but I'm telling you it was a hoot.

Maddie, my grandgirl, brought along her friend Maggie, a truly nice little girl with perhaps the prettiest hair I've ever seen on a human. Oz, the baby, was in rare form and Evan and his wife were back at the school they graduated from 20 years ago--although that school is gone and a new one sits in its place.

I brought Leah for the first time and you'd have thought she invented the idea. The woman adjusts about as well to anything as anybody I've ever seen. She can milk fun out of every second of every day and she spreads it around. Wonderful talent.

Thought I'd share a little of this 'cause it was cool--literally and figuratively.

No comments:

Post a Comment