Friday, August 12, 2011

Quote of the Day: New Definition of Human Being

Mitt Romney: People person.
"Corporations are people, my friend ... of course they are. Everything corporations earn ultimately goes to the people. Where do you think it goes? Whose pockets? Whose pockets? People's pockets. Human beings my friend." -- Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, quoted here.

First, the Republican Supreme Court said it was so, now a front-running Republican presidential candidate puts it about as bluntly as is possible. It must be a core Republican belief. I'm wondering if the Repubs are trying to head off a corporate abortion with this definition. I can name 10 or 15 corporations off the top of my head that would do well to have an abortion. Let's start with Haliburton, a really ugly person with a serious greed disorder.

2 comments: