Thursday, April 24, 2014

Throwback Thursday, Too: It's a Security Issue

That's your basic 26-year-old sportswriter, recently hired and ID'd by Roanoke's daily paper, long hair and all. The earring came later--if only briefly.

This is the same year I was awarded the Marshall Johnson AP Award for career achievement, which gave everybody I knew a fall-down, howling moment of levity.  Marshall gave me the first one because we were buds, not because I was exemplary at anything, save for goldbricking.

The card was interesting because it was issued in the first place. Apparently, the powers that were within our building were concerned that somebody might want to enter the building and knock a few of us off, so it instituted some policies having to do with security. I'm not sure I ever carried my ID and, frankly, this may be the first time I've seen it since it was issued.

No comments:

Post a Comment