Thursday, April 24, 2014

Conclusion: 'It Isn't All About Gender'

Gayla D'Gaia
Gayla D'Gaia is a Facebook friend who is rapidly becoming a real friend. This morning I reposted a graphic of a woman punching herself in the face with the comment that she must be Republican. The post was about a bill that would require an accounting of all miscarriages. A perceptive and insightful Gayla followed that up with a couple of thoughtful short essays. 

Gayla says, "I am the founder of The Sacred Beauty Project - which began in 2008. It's been my passion to observe and notice what people feel connects them to the sacred in their everyday lives as well as to what people do to honor and preserve or create in order to live in accordance with what they value as sacred."

She also said this: "As you might notice from my BF posts, I value what is sacred and the reason that it comes across to me to use that word so often is because I generally feel that we've forgotten many aspects of what life really is - a sacred experience. 

" It shocked me to read the article to learn that a woman was the one behind the idea of twisting things by twisting the move to help parents heal from a miscarriage - which was a sacred gesture on the part of the Republican man who introduced it - so I reflected on why a woman being that cruel shocked me more than had it been a man.

"Here's what I learned: men are not to be trusted less or counted upon more to be heartless jerks when it comes to cruelty and political control over women because it isn't at all about gender. That whole concept that it is wacko mean spirited men who are out to dominate women is an illusion. The truth is that there is a virus that is like a terrorist within our own government and within our world. 

"This 'virus' affects the thinking of both genders and causes insane thinking that is inhumane, cruel, and void of sacred compassion, kindness, humanity, dignity, and respect. 

"That is how it appears to me - and what I am not sure of is whether there is, if I were to enter deeply enough into the reasoning behind how some of these decisions get made, if there is ultimately something I would be able to understand enough to feel true compassion for. 

"So, all I can do when I read a story about people who constitute a large enough group to gain a voice and power in politics [and] who seem so obviously cruel and vile to me, is to realize I truly do not understand ... I hold compassion for them for the simple fact that there must be some form of suffering going on inside of them that allows them to defile something as vulnerable for most people as loosing a pregnancy can be. 

"My hope is that people around them will soon come to into their greatest clarity about a way to effectively turn down the noise from people like this person and her clans."

No comments:

Post a Comment