Thursday, May 15, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Pampa Whips Up a Couple of Dishes

Cooking at a fund-raiser in Lynchburg.
Celebrating my new house.
These two pictures are of your favorite editr engaging in one of his favorite pastimes: cooking. You'll note the lack of salt in my salt and paprika beard, dating these photos a bit.

The one at the top was taken at Randolph Macon Women's College (now Randolph College) in about 2000 (I got the Oregon hat on my honeymoon). I was cooking for a fund-raiser of some sort; I've forgotten which. The shirt says "Blue Ridge Business Journal," of which I was editor at the time and thus a major national celebrity.

The dish is Mother Smith's World Famous North Carolina Salsa and the apron was made for me by Congressman Bob Goodlatte's mother. It did not influence my vote.

At the right (and, yes, THAT is exactly what the apron says) I am dedicating my new home in the Wasena section of Roanoke by cooking out and later dipping in the hot tub. This was 1999. I know that because I wasn't in the house long before I met Christina and we got married in August of 2000 (and divorced 11 years later). Note the very red hair. Henna. I look like Robin Williams/Viking.

No comments:

Post a Comment