Sunday, July 7, 2013

Fenced Jump: A Disaster Waiting To Happen

The spikes in this fence, made of metal, could impale a kid.
Overview of the bungee jump at the mall
I was over at Valley View Mall this morning, getting a little exercise out of the direct sun, when I noted the bungee jump, which had moved from one end of the mall to the other. I mostly noted the spiked metal fence surrounding the jump.

Don't know why I never considered the fence before, but this little baby poses a potential danger of epic proportions. If something goes awry--say one side of bungee cords breaks and the kid is swung hard to one side and onto the spikes--there will be hell to pay.

I understand that these fences are used for a lot of showcase items at the mall and that keeping expenses low is important. This, however, deserves some deep thought before another kid climbs into a harness.

No comments:

Post a Comment