Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Photo of the Day: Moviemaking Roanoker

Andrea Shreeman of Santa Monica, Calif., by way of Roanoke, was the subject of a photo shoot I did a little while ago for FRONT/May issue. Andrea, who grew up here and went to Cave Spring High School (then to George Washington University on a gymnastics scholarship and to USC for moviemaking), is filming a movie here titled "It's a Good Day to Die," a "suicide comedy" and she's drawing a good bit of attention for it.
 
Reminds me of her immediate Roanoke movie predecessor Sarah Elizabeth Timmins ("Lake Effects") in many ways: both young,  smart, ambitious, talented and great communicators. I felt like I'd known Andrea for about 15 years when we first locked eyes in that "hey, I'm meeting somebody here for a picture; are you that somebody?" second. She zoomed right by it and started asking questions about me--and seemed genuinely interested. Woman has a future, I'd say.

Andrea's been doing this for a while, so she's no novice. She's also pretty good on the other side of the camera, as you can see here. I thoroughly enjoy photographing people who know what they look like, appreciate the look and don't fake it. You can see her in her here and it's appealing on several levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment