Sunday, April 29, 2012

Photo of the Day, Too: Going After the War on Women Cretins


Here is a group of women from our region in Richmond yesterday to protest the Republican War on Women that has been carried on in the General Assembly this year. It's one of those atrocities that can easily be stopped at the ballot box and from what I'm seeing on the campaign trail, there are a lot of nervous, knuckle-dragging, dunderheads who are on the verge of being sent home this fall--for good. I'm not sure who shot the photo, but I asked Cynthia Atkins (right) to send me something and this is what I got. Good shot and the women in it are: Molly Dearing, Liz Kalisch Drahos, Mirabai (great name!) Mcleod, Bridget Kelley-Dearing and Gretchen Sukow, in addition to my pal Cynthia (a poet, who has taught at our Roanoke Regional Writers Conference).

No comments:

Post a Comment