The 2012 Perry F. Kendig recipients will be:
- Forrest Landon as Outstanding Individual
- Eleanor D. Wilson Museum at Hollins University as Outstanding Arts and Cultural Organization
- ITT for Outstanding Business
- Roanoke Valley Reads for Outstanding Arts Education Program
- Nathan Harper as Outstanding Young Professional
- Exclamations will receive the award for Outstanding Emerging Arts Organization
Artist awards will be presented to:
- David Lipps, Outstanding Performing Artist
- Ann Glover, Outstanding Visual Artist
- Richard Dillard, Outstanding Literary Artist
Lifetime Achievement award will be presented posthumously to local artist Sandi D’Alessandro. Sandi, a local art teacher for 36 years, impacted the community with her work as an artist and through her dedication to her students.
A reception and award ceremony will be held at the Taubman Museum of Art on May 02, 2011. For information on tickets please call 540.342.5790.
(Note: The Kindigs are pretty close to me. I've won two--the first Literary Award shared with my FRONT partner, Tom Field, and another when I was with the Blue Ridge Business Journal.)