My guess is we'll get some of the following:
- A clamping down on abortion, which nearly doesn't exist in Virginia already. I'm looking for something similar to what Mississippi rejected yesterday, a law that makes birth control illegal.
- A requirement that every citizen, regardless of age, background, physical and mental condition or national origin carry a concealed gun. At least one. Could go to two or three. Guns will be not only legal but encouraged in places like bars, church, school and work.
- The coal industry, which has caused far more deaths than Aids, will have strong support as it knocks away mountaintops and pollutes the air.
- Concern for the environment will be as out of date as leisure suits.
- Poor children will go hungry and without medicine.
- Rich people will get richer and pay even less tax than they pay now.
- The gap between wealth and poverty, which is huge today, will double or triple over the next four years.
- Roads and bridges, already crumbling under a 25-year austerity focus, will begin to disintegrate. I expect a Minneapolis-style catastrophe on one of our bridges any time now. Hope I'm not on it. Hope you're not, either.
- The state will start sending federal funds back to Washington because the Repubs won't want to be told how to spend them.
- More prisons will be built in a state that is overbuilt by about half.
- Utility rates will wind up on the moon.
- Cities will be on their own, though the mandates will not slow down.
- All bare breasts on state statuary will be covered.
- Bible Study will be a required high school course.
- Cigarettes will make a strong comeback among kids.
- Oil derricks will appear off the Virginia coast in huge numbers and we'll have a major oil spill within 10 years of their appearance.