Monday, January 16, 2012

Beware 'Windows Live' Scam

This morning I received an e-mail from something called the Windows Live Team that told me I had a nasty virus and that it would repair the virus for me if I'd send over my password. I called my IT guru Alecia Nash (alecianash@yahoo.com) instead and she said this:

Kill the e-mail and don't respond. Any time I get an e-mail from any source I didn't request that asks for my passwords, account information or credit card number, run from it. She also tells me there's an IRS scam going around that's scaring hell out of people and winding up with their credit card numbers. The IRS will not e-mail you for information. It will write you a letter or send an agent to see you if it's serious.

(Graphic: stormbringer005.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment