Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My Next Novel: Finally a Breakthrough

My next novel has been rumbling around in my head for several months now, but I think it may have escaped this morning. I even have a title for it: NEWS!.

I won't tell you what it's about, but the protagonist is Eb McCourry, the boy you watched grow up a lot in CLOG!.

These books develop--I'm pretty well convinced--when and how they are supposed to and I can't control any of that. I have been sweating bullets for a hook to a pretty good story and it came right at me in the form of somebody I recently met, whose personal story fits perfectly with the tale I was developing, giving it shape, focus and purpose far beyond what I had intended.

This will be an honest book, a close look at a corner that doesn't get much attention and one with which I am quite familiar. Now, I have something of a muse and, as important, somebody to bounce ideas off. The words are rolling and I'm pumped!

No comments:

Post a Comment