Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Double Whammy at Kroger: Senior Snow Day

All the shopping baskets are gone. Like really gone!
Kroger boys reloading bread, milk.
I don't think I'd ever seen it like this before: all the shopping baskets at the entry of Kroger (the one on Rutgers Road where I shop) were gone, save for the one I plucked off at the last instant.

And the explanation is easy: the word "snow" is in the air AND it's Senior Discount Day. Lots of walkers, scooters and slow movers in the bread/milk aisles, which seemed to have two employees assigned full-time to re-stock.

I needed some stuff for veggie soup and weathered the pre-storm (so to speak), actually hitting a lucky break here and there when I wasn't dodging and feinting to get out of the way of the wild-eyed scooter drivers.

The day's adventure. I need a nap. And, hey, the kid who checked me out didn't believe I qualified for the Senior Discount. I didn't know whether to kiss him or hit him. So I kissed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment