Monday, October 20, 2014

Time to Take It Down a Notch

This will be me for the next couple of days.
After trying to figure out what to do for this miserable and sometimes debilitating cold for the last couple of days, I think I have it. I'm going to rest. Take it easy. Sit outside with the birds and the cats. Drink some coffee. Wander the farm fields. Visit the goats. Watch for eagles. Nap. Take meds. Eat a bit.

I've been trying foolishly to keep Sonya's pace nearly 15 days and it simply does not work. She's 20 years younger than I and has conditioned herself for trips like this for years.

My inclination toward team play has gotten me into a physical mess, which is entirely my responsibility. Sonya is a big girl who can take care of herself and who functions well on trips alone. I'm having to learn all of this trip business and figure out how I fit best and get the most. I don't do either by wearing myself down and coughing all night.

I want to have some energy and good cheer when I see the grands this weekend and I want to enjoy Cordoba. It would not suit if I had to be confined apart from the group because I was contagious and it would not work at all if the airline refused to let me aboard the flight home early next week. So that's the deal. I'm done with adventure for now. I'm going to try being an old man for a while. A happy old man.


No comments:

Post a Comment