Sunday, October 26, 2014

Cordoba: One of My Favorite Stops

The trip to downtown Cordoba yesterday was an eye-opener for me. I hadn't expected this modern city with the respected and preserved past to be so sedate and pristine. Evan assured me that, "not all the people here live like we do." It's basically a poor city in a poor economy, but one where people seemed content in our excursion.

I like Cordoba as much as any place we've been in the past three weeks because I feel relaxed in its expansive parks, beautifully preserved palaces and cathedrals, buildings with stories, heroic statues of its leaders. It appears to be a proud city and it has considerable reason to be that.

We're going to another part of the 300,000-population city this morning, one that reflects its ancient Roman past and some of its Moorish civilization and this evening, we'll catch a train to Madrid, then tomorrow fly to Paris for our Tuesday flight home.

I don't have photos with this because the disk is caught in my point and shoot and I have no idea how to get it out. I'll figure it out when I get home. I'm probably going to do one of those coffee-table  books in the next couple of weeks and I may have to determine whether the disk is worth more than the camera. Could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment