Monday, September 22, 2014

Gratutide: The Magic of Autumn

These two photos were shot by me within yards of each other a few years ago in Wasena Park.
Today, I am grateful for:

Autumn, which begins today at 10:29 p.m. with the autumnal equinox.

Fall, for me, is the beautiful season, the moderate season, the season invented for photographers and photography. The yellow late afternoon light creates moods that simply cannot be faked in a studio. It is a melancholy light and, for many, a melancholy season. Not for me, though. I celebrate the end of summer and the segue into a season of spectacular skies, colors, temperatures, breezes. Autumn is especially magic in our mountains, one of the few places in the world where the fall color is this spectacular.

So, like the Wiccuns and others who love nature, I celebrate it at its best.



No comments:

Post a Comment