Saturday, December 7, 2013

Getting Out the Democratic Vote in Roanoke

Voting line crossed the street by the time I got into it.
My top 2: Sam Rasoul, Trish Boyd-White, both excellent.
I wasn't expecting a line going out the front door, up the steps, across the sidewalk, across the street and into the parking lot at the Roanoke Civic Center this morning. The occasion was a special Democratic primary for the 11th House seat in the General Assembly. Expectation was about 200 voters, tops. Not so.

Dave Trinkle.
The numbers and enthusiasm in the crowd were impressive--and I'm delighted by that. The field has four strong candidates and even if my
pick--Sam Rasoul--doesn't win, whoever does (likely David Trinkle) will be excellent in Richmond. And it's about time. Our representation for a number of years has been simply awful and we deserve better. We're getting it.


Low tech voting , the way it used to be and can be again.

No comments:

Post a Comment