Saturday, December 14, 2013

A Lovely Gesture from a Classy Lady

Me with the Boyd tartan.
Ran into my new friend Angie Stanfill, who calls herself a "thriftie," a bit ago at GW Ltd. (Goodwill) in Roanoke and actually saw her for the first time.

Angie has already made my Christmas special with a wonderfully sweet, thoughtful and generous gesture, and it was lovely to look into that pretty face and say, "Thank you, ma'am."

Knowing I'm a rag picker from way back (she reads my stuff), Angie ran across a lovely Boyd tartan from Pendleton, bought it and shipped it to me.

A week or so ago, I got a note on Facebook from her asking my address. I didn't think much about it until the package arrived and I thought, "Oooooh, my!" Lovely scarf and I just adore my heritage (Scottish).

This is the kind of random kindness and thoughtfulness that embodies my vision of Christmas. It's obviously not about the scarf, but about Angie "getting it." She understands Christmas and I appreciate that. Thank you again, Angie.

No comments:

Post a Comment