A few other points from a story in the Washington Post:
- The past 12 months are the warmest on record in the U.S. That's 118 years of records. (Washington was the only state that wasn't hotter.)
- Each of the last four 12-month periods set a record for high temperature.
- The average U.S. temperature is up 3.3 degrees.
- Drought, our worst since 1956, covers 63 percent of the lower 48 states (meaning much heat, little moisture, no rain).
- There have 10 times as many record high temperatures as record lows this year.
- June was the fourth warmest on record globally (July numbers are not available yet) and the 328th consecutive month of above average temperatures.
- Global warming is a myth, perpetuated by environmental wack-o types.