Friday, October 4, 2013

A Principled Stand and I'm Proud of My Daughter

Jenniffer makes me proud.
In "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" category of philosophical discourse today, I will present the following from my daughter Jenniffer, who resigned from her job of 13 years yesterday in a fit of responsibility.

She e-mailed, "Oh you know me: it's not the ole boy network and the glass ceiling here, it is the preppy disrespectful white college boy network, and I won't take that." She's 46, professional, accomplished and, my guess, a better human being than these mental children.

My response: "Good for you. I'm proud of you. When we don't stand up for what we believe, we endorse what we oppose. Do it with style and grace. The best revenge is living well, as the saying goes."

Fact is that Jenniffer has always been much smarter, more committed and a far better worker than those around her--including her superiors--and she has always been assertive, scaring the holy shit out of the boys who are terrified of women. Her former company--in its smug embrace of these mental midgets--is the loser here. Jenniffer will land on solid ground.

Strong women benefit us all and teach us how to be better men.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know her but I'm proud of her too. I'm afraid that the preppy college boys will grow into the ol' boys network though. What a shame.

    ReplyDelete