Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A Little Stain and the Gateway Is New Again

Plastic gloves helped me avoid the mess I usually make.
Four hours later and all is well.
My deck was re-stained a little over a week ago* and the fence leading to the back yard stood out a little more prominently in comparison than I wanted. So it was off to the hardware store to get another gallon of stain, so we could set this atrocity right.

Here's what happened in photo form and you can compare the aged wood and the new stained wood (after a good pressure wash took away the gray). Took about four hours to paint this small section because the wood soaked up the paint like a dry sponge.

Pampa the painter. My hero.

(*A guy named Ron Smith did the staining of the deck and I got a heck of a bargain in him, a professional painter in need of work. If you need somebody for some good, inexpensive work, let me know and I'll put you in touch with Ron. Good man, good worker.)

No comments:

Post a Comment