Sunday, June 27, 2010

Playing in the Fields of the Good Life

Maddy and me heading to the park.^

No, Mads, the fox can't go on the walk. We'll see other animals. Maybe live ones.

Like this, Pampa? Is this what you want?^

How about this? Is this better?^

Yes, Pampa, I can put them back on, too, but I can't tie yet. These aren't tie, though.^

Is it deep enough to swim, Pampa? I wanna swim.^

You know what, Pampa? I love you. Hehehehehehehehehehe...

There's a point where you have to wonder whether the hike is more wearing than the grandgirl or the grandgirl's 100-mph chatter for an hour and a half has the edge.

Either way, it's a good tired at the end of the walk and the two of us know a little more about each other. I hear, "Are we there yet," "Are we getting close?" "I'm really tired, Pampa, can you carry me?" "I need a drink of water," "Can I play in the creek?" "There's a park! Can I swing?" and on and on and on and on.

Little girls and the old men who love them. Life is good. Very, very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment