Sunday, December 11, 2016

Beth Macy Reads from Her New Book

Beth Macy reading from the introduction to her new book, "Truevine" at Barnes & Noble today.
Beth and I chat.
Beth Macy came off the road where she's doing a book tour today to sign copies of her new blockbuster, Truevine, for a hometown crowd.

A substantial number of fans showed up to hear her chat, read and sign books and to do a little hobnobbing.

I just finished proofreading my story for the January/February Roanoker magazine about Beth and four other big-time Roanoke authors (Roland Lazenby, Cece Bell, Sharyn McCrumb and Rod Belcher) and hadn't seen Beth since the photo shoot. I get the feeling she loves this part of her new career. And she's good at it.

My son's mom-in-law, Judy Dickerson (center), listens intently to Beth reading.
My friend Susan gave me a copy of Truevine.

No comments:

Post a Comment