Saturday, October 15, 2016

Colors Resisting Fall at the Cove

The fashion plate goes full geek with rolled up pants.
A little color was present ... but not much.
I simply could not figure out whether to wear less or more this morning for a paddle at Carvins Cove, so I did both (see above). The workout pants are long, rolled up and the sweatshirt wound up getting a free ride on my boat, but not on me.

It was a pretty, clear, brisk morning with my pal Cathy Dick, but the one attraction of paddling this time of year was not present: the leaves have not turned at the cove (or anywhere else in the Roanoke Valley from what I've seen). I don't know why, but I'll keep an eye on it. Dusk in the leaf-peak fall at the cove is heaven.

Here's some of what the cove looked like this morning.

A couple of fat little camouflaged terns bask in the sun on the rocks.
Cathy heading for the deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment