Sunday, October 23, 2016

A Fall Afternoon in Beautiful Lexington

Margie, Susan and me enjoying lunch on the lawn at Washington & Lee University. This photo has a 1930s feel.
Cowbells at the ball game (Booooo!).
It was one of those crisp, bright, breezy, perfect fall days yesterday and Margie, Susan and I headed up to Lexington for our annual trek to a Washington & Lee University football game, this one against rival Hampden-Sydney for homecoming. (W&L won 52-7, but that was secondary to everything else.)

I put together a picnic (pasta salad with artichoke tapinade, cream cheese, fancy olives, sun dried tomatoes, asparagus and whole grain wraps with all those goodies inside, plus shrimp and crab). It was a smidge over the top, but hey, what's a picnic for if not celebration of the richness of family and friends?

Lexington is a wonderful little town, one Susan had not visited, so there were special pleasures all around for her and watching her delight was our delight. A lovely day for us all, I suspect.
Susan and Margie: Having fun yet?
My best girl and me on the bridge to the stadium.
Yes, a football game was played and it was entertaining.
Division III football doesn't draw a lot of fans, but I love it for its absolute amateurism.
Lunch. Yum.
Lee Chapel, where Robert E. Lee is buried (below) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment