Thursday, September 1, 2016

UT Kickoff Countdown (with Figs)

Margie and I have our Tennessee jersies on (she's #1).
Me and my figs.
It's 15 minutes to kickoff of the most anticipated college football season in a while for me. I've spent the last 10 years or so in the wilderness with a Tennessee football program that has been on the serious fritz. But it seems to be back. The players are outstanding, the schedule favorable and the expectation high that the Vols are back.

They play Appalachian State--a tough lower-level team that could be a nice test for a couple of quarters and maybe more--and it will be fun to watch. Margie's here with me and she has not threatened to paint my toenails orange (though that last time that happened--Maddie painted them--the Vols scored and I asked her to paint them all. Tennessee won. You take what you can get when desperation sets in).

You'll note the healthy snack choice: figs. They're growing in the back yard--good story about how, but the game's beginning. Go Vols!

No comments:

Post a Comment