Monday, September 26, 2016

Hey, Shirley: Justin Says Hello!

Ran into my old buddy Justin Fuente today at Kroger where I was shopping and he was involved in his evening job, selling Coke. His day job is coaching Virginia Tech's football team, which is is pretty good at.

Jus said to tell my former sister-in-law Shirley Raines, who hired him at the University of Memphis when she was president, hello. Hi, Shirley.  He seemed in good spirits. Maybe it was the coke. Maybe it was being two dimensional*.

(*Yes, dammit, that is a cardboard cutout, but of whom? Him or me? Oh, and by the way, that's my "I Voted" sticker on my shirt pocket because I voted today. You can, too. Any time between now and November, when people bunch up and wait for hours at a time. I voted in about three minutes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment