Thursday, June 16, 2016

Showing What a Small Camera Can Do

This is the cartoon version of me in my boat.
This is the watercolor.
My good friend Susan asked me to pose for some experimental shots the other day, so she could show me just what her Sony CyberShot was capable of. I own one, but have never learned to use it the way she can.

Susan tends to work things out, experiment, read, learn. I just pick up a camera and start shooting, rarely considering the potential of a given piece of equipment.

These shots were all edited within the camera, using special features built in. You simply set the camera and shoot. I can replicate each of them with PhotoShop, but it is an extra step that is unnecessary, if you know what you want to represent with a given photo.

This is not an endorsement of the CyberShot, though I like mine because it is inexpensive (about $75), light, portable, of nice quality and not a major disaster if I just happen to drop it in the water. I've lost three that way.

Anyhow, take a look. The shots are quite good, I think (and the model is great!).

Saturated color for a neon glow.
Dark surround emphasizes the portrait.
Center-spot portrait filter.
Point out that it's in black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment