Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Need Your Computer Fixed? Try Facebook

Complain about Facebook all you want, but when I need something--a house cleaner, a computer tech, a porch builder, a painter, a yard worker, a type of camera--I ask my FB friends for recommendations. And what I get works.

A couple of days ago, I asked for somebody to repair my computer because the boys who've been doing that for me for years have moved and the woman who spot-checked is gone, as well. I was flooded with strong recommendations, which I herewith share with you (with comments from the person suggesting when available):
  • *Vinton Computer Shop across from Famous Anthony's in Vinton.  Has a $50 guarantee.
  • *Jay Gills ... works from his home and has helped me with exactly the problem you have.  (540) 266-0394.
  •  Paul Wellons He does remote access repairs for me and lots of my friends. He's the best and lives in Roanoke.
  • Brambleton Computers. ... Ask for Andrew. (This one had seven recommendations and one caution.) 
  • Richard Blackwood, head geek.... yes he calls himself that. He will come to your house and fix it all very very reasonably. 7144047710. Richard@BlackwoodTech.com
  • Computer exchange at Roanoke Salem plaza or I'll be glad to do it for free. (My personal favorite.)
  • Take it to Office Max for FREE pc cleanup and ask for Joseph DiCarlo. (Town Square)
  • Tony Neuron. The best geek alive. He's on FB. Contact him.
  •  Rob Robert Underwood @ Two Robs.
  • PC web doc they fix it remotely and you don't have to leave your desk. Incubator graduate from Erie pa. Known them and used them for years.
  • Paul Wellons He does remote access repairs for me and lots of my friends. He's the best and lives in Roanoke.
 I also got some specific fix-it-yourself advice from some very knowledgeable people, but my response with doping my own tech work is, "God made other people specifically to do that for me."
Thank you all for your help. I do appreciate it.  

(Photo: www.a2bpcrepair.com.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment